We are always accepting submissions.
Our latest journal can be purchased individually for $8
You are your best thing.
Poetry Contest 2021
- Submissions will be accepted Now through August 31st
- $100 Grand Prize, Publication, and Two free copies of the Review
- Open to all undergraduates, including past contributors
- Submission fee of $5 for 3 submissions
- All submissions will be considered for publication.
- Students who do not wish to participate in the Poetry Contest can still send in their work to be reviewed for publication.
Submit your Poetry by email to
The Sucarnochee Review, named for the Sucarnochee River that runs near the University of West Alabama, has been published annually by the Department of Languages and Literature since 1974. Beginning in 2015, the journal has become one devoted to publishing the some of the finest poetry and fiction from new and upcoming undergraduate writers. Poised to publish our inaugural undergraduate edition, we are excited to promote our journal as an opportunity for fresh and exciting creativity.
Our journal is largely student-led, and the creative minds from our university look forward to reading and responding to your work.
Help fund the Sucarnochee Review by Subscribing!
Only $15 for a whole year.
Single issues can be purchased for $8.00 each.
Erin Watt - Sabriel by Garth Nix
Dr. Threatt - The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Ian Melkerson - Mort by Terry Pratchett
Amber Harris - The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Joy Richardson - Divergent by Veronica Roth
Poem of the Month
An Ember In The Cold by Clairel Estevez
With you, I have learned
That when love
Is truthful and pure.
Is much like to retain spring
In one's heart,
And have no fear
That Winter's gale, may wilt it.